HISTOR-WEEN–A BLAST from the PAST
Thirty-five adult volunteers served as guides and actors in the “history” part of the evening across the way. John R. Williams, on the Perry House porch, let his listeners in on the tricky way he managed to get his hands on the land that is now Friendswood from the Spanish in 1824.
Fence Removal At Brown Museum
Saturday, February 20th the old decaying wooden fence around the Brown Museum came tumbling down. With the help of students from the Friendswood High School Interact Club and Honor Society, the fence was removed and loaded onto a trailer in a record time of 45 minutes. Thanks also to Steve Rocky, Melvin Throp, Ann Whitaker, Joyce Baker and Mel Measeles for their help.