Friendswood’s Twelve Historic Markers

1) The Origin of Friendswood

Founded by Quakers in 1895 – 502. S. Friendswood Dr.

2) The Fig Industry in Friendswood

Major Cash Crop & Employment Source 1910-1945 – Friendswood Dr. at Shadwell

3) 1938 Cecil and Frances Brown Home

First Brick Residence in Friendswood and a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 312 S. Friendswood Dr.

4) Designated Historic Texas Cemetery

First Burial in November 1895 – 502 S. Friendswood Dr.

5) Oldest Structure Remaining

1903 Perry Home from the Quaker Settlement Era – 108 Skyview 

6) First Home and First Family

Original location of the 1895 Home – Pecan Dr. at E. Heritage Dr.

7) Fig Preserving Plant

Location of Cecil Brown’s 1924 Plant – 311 S. Friendswood Dr.

8) First Business – Hadley General Merchandise

The 1907 Hadley General Merchandise was Friendswood’s First Business – 408 S. Friendswood Dr.

9) Friendswood Postal Service

Location of first Post Office – 417 S Friendswood Dr

10) Quaker Academy – The Very Heart of Friendswood

Worship & Education Site 1902-1948- Friends Church Driveway

11) Main Street Fig Orchards

Location of Bales & Glines Family Farm – 408 S Friendswood Dr

12) Drilling For Oil in 1922

Friendswood Oil Company’s first and last attempt – Old City Park